Nowadays, you can find an emerging trend in use of cannabis-infused topical that has offered great delight to many due to its ability to provide relief from various chronic pain.
Few of the common cannabis topicals may include the various cannabis-infused lotions, salves and balms, all of that can be applied directly to the skin. As they are topical products, hence you will never get high because it will be applied directly on your skin.
In this post, we will discuss how you can also easily make this Cannabis infused salves just at your home with few recipes that can be easily followed.
How to make your own cannabis salve
Following are the various steps to prepare cannabis salve at home.
- Organic coconut oil
- All-natural bee wax
- Essential oils e.g. tea tree, eucalyptus oil
- Organic cannabis
- Measuring beaker/containers
- Stainless steel pan,
How to prepare cannabis salve
- First decarboxylate your cannabis material by preheating the oven at temperature 250ᵒ C, then take ground cannabis and then spread it on the baking sheet. Allow it to decarboxylate for 20 minutes approx.
- While your cannabis decarboxylates, get a jar of 14-ounce and measure coconut oil of 2 cups. Melt it in the saucepan.
- Now take cannabis from oven and mix it into coconut oil at low heat for around 20 minutes.
- Now pour the above mixture from pan into the sieve/ strain to filter your mixture.
- Take bee wax in pan and try to melt it in low heat. After melting, add infused coconut oils. (Hint: Mix oil in ratio of 5:1 with the bee wax).
- Add little fragrance, like lavender oil when mixture is off heat.
- Let it get cooled and it will then turn to salve.
With this kind of CBD salve, you may use it to suit your requirements as follow:
- Anti-toxin balm– By adding bentonite clay in the mix, you can get salve which will get toxins totally out of the skins.
- Sore-muscles relief – By using peppermint essential oil you can get cooling effect which may help to soothe the stiffness and pain felt after first-time gym workouts.
- Anti-inflammation salve– By adding Copaiba oil which is high with BCP (it can bind with CB2 receptors) that can help in reducing inflammation and pain.
- Massaging oil– Few drops of the safflower oil will act as excellent skin moisturizer, which has good properties of skin soothing. As bonus, it can serve as preservative to salve
- Fragrance– Ginger can add good and sweet smell almost like ginger cookies which is not at all irritating to our skin. However, you must avoid sensitive areas like open wounds and cuts, your face.
- Skin moisturizing balm– For getting rid of your dry skin, additional Camelina oil may be good.
- Anti-aging balm– By adding argan oil, you can boost cell production and promote healthy skins.
- After-sun treatment balm– Few olive oil drops can be added to the salve and then applied on your skin after exposure to sun can fight off against cancer-causing cells.