Spain is the best place for tourists to experience the real essence of unique enjoyment. There are quite a lot of places to visit and to get engrossed in the excitement of the activities happening in the place that visitors often like to visit the city again and again.
If you are first time visitor to the most exciting place, then ensure that the arrangements are made prior to your trip. You could visit this website: http://www.tripindicator.com/city-pass-bus-tour-madrid/hop-on-hop-off/compare-madrid-hop-on-hop-off-city-bus-tour-vs-express-toledo-bus-tour.html, and plan your holidays well.
Short informative notes on highly popular attraction of Madrid:
- Prado museum: If you an art lover, then this will lead you into a fascinating world of more than five thousand paintings. You can view paintings of painters from 12th century and even the exclusive paintings of today’s painters. The collection includes works of Italy, Spain, Britain, France and German painters. It isn’t possible to see all the paintings in a day. Hence, it is best to watch the main prominent priceless painting and Neoclassical sculptures in the allotted hours for a day.
- Buen Retiro Park and Crystal Palace: It is an oasis in the midst of the city. If you seek peace, then this is a perfect place for it. Spread over one hundred and twenty-hectare, the park has well-maintained landscape beautiful lawns and tree lined paths. The 17th century designed park has a pool in the centre of it. The pool is surrounded by enchanting greenery and has a beautiful fountain in midst of it. The park boasts of having observatory for star gazers and even a cafe for people to enjoy nature while having their favourite beverages.
- The Royal Palace: The 18th century palace is stated to be similar to Versailles in style. The whole palace is built by using granite and white Colmenar stone. The spectacular sight of neoclassical style marking columns and Doric pilasters and the balustrade nestling, the sculptures of the kings of Spain is really fascinating to view in the palace grounds. The interiors of the palace are breath taking as the massive stairway is uniquely styled and the residential rooms of the royal family are quite elegant to visualize.
- Plaza Mayor: The 17th century has witnessed numerous royal ceremonies and commencing of commercial events related to the governance of the kingdom. Presently, it is the meeting place for natives and tourists to enjoy food in the restaurants and shop all year around in the small shops selling all kind of art crafts.
- Puerta del Sol or the Kilometre Zero: It is a sun emblem earlier present on the entrance of old city gate. It is important point in heart of the city as all the road measurement starts from that point. The place has seen many historical events related to Spain involvement in war against Napoleon.
- Contemporary art museum: The most attractive sight is the imaginative unique sculptures placed in the well-designed garden of the museum. The collection of every art form is of globally known artists. The garden is enhanced with small cafe, bookshop and restaurant to provide full entertainment to its visitors in one place.
- Fountain de Cibeles : It is termed to be signature monument of Madrid has been centre of attraction since late 17th century. The fountain reflects the presence of Goddess Cybele of Rome. The Goddess is portrayed to be riding well sculptured lion drawn chariot.
- Temple of Debod: It is known to be ancient Egypt temple as a gift for Spain. The 2nd century temple and its adjoined gardens has numerous shrines, a prayer hall and levels of terrace.
- Goya Frescoes: The little chapel visited by locals and tourists alike in the festival honouring Saint Anthony of Padua. Its interior walls are adorned with valuable paintings like art works of Francesco Goya. Presently, the chapel is a national monument hence no religious rituals are performed.
- The fine arts museum: The Thyssen Bornemisza museum is fortunate to safeguard the finest artworks dating from the beginning of the 13th century. It treasures some of the most unusual art works of well acclaimed artists worldwide.